Diaspora Chapters Information – Download (PDF)
ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS
Motto: Justice, Peace & Unity
40, Blantyre Street,
Wuse 2, Abuja-Nigeria
January 31st, 2014
To All Stakeholders,
All Progressives Congress, Diaspora Chapters.
APPROVED GUIDELINES FOR DIASPORA CHAPTERS
At the 8th Interim National Executive Committee meeting of All Progressives Congress held at the Party’s Headquarters in Abuja on January 23rd, 2014, the modalities for starting a Diaspora Chapter of APC was approved as follows:-
1) Wherever no chapter of any merging parties of APC had existed in a country outside Nigeria before 31st July, 2013, an application endorsed by not less than 30 interested eligible Nigerians resident in such country shall be considered by the Nigerian National Executive Committee of APC. Membership of such applicant shall be individually accredited and registered before such a diaspora chapter can be recognized by the Nigerian National Executive Committee of APC.
2) Wherever any chapter had been organized and officially accredited and recognized in any country outside Nigeria by the Nigerian National Executive Committee of only one of the merging parties before 31st July, 2013, such chapter becomes the Interim APC chapter of such country by mere application to which a copy of the original recognition certificate would be attached. Membership of such chapter shall be registered side by side with any new interested eligible Nigerians in such diaspora country and a Congress of such chapter shall be arranged with the concurrence of the Nigerian National Executive Committee of APC.
3) Wherever, more than one merging parties had each established a diaspora chapter and such chapter had been officially recognised, none of such diaspora chapter shall be recognised by APC until a joint application is made and signed by each of the chapter’s chairman, secretary and treasurer together with an authenticated copy of the original recognition certificate of each chapter. Membership of such merging diaspora chapters shall be registered side by side with any new interested eligible Nigerians in such country outside Nigeria and a congress of the new merging chapter shall be arranged with the concurrence of the Nigerian National Executive Committee.
4) No body shall be an officer of APC diaspora chapter if he/she has not been so elected at a properly conducted diaspora congress. No diaspora congress shall be deemed to have been properly conducted without the concurrence of APC National Executive Committee in Nigeria.
5) Township meetings of APC as well as Local Government and state meetings may be established in all diaspora countries in aid of positive membership mobilization and for contacts and interactions with relevant and appropriate state governments in Nigeria but NOT in contradiction with and NOT as a faction of the recognized diaspora chapters. Application for recognition shall not be entertained from such diaspora Township, Local Government or State meetings.
Please note that we shall not entertain any factional leadership from any country as the authenticity of any Chapter can only be justified by the recognition certificate of such chapter by any of the merging Parties that authorized such recognition.
Please be guided accordingly while we await your applications.
S i g n e d
Tijjani Musa Tumsah,
Interim National Secretary,APC